Get updates by email
- Self-Preservation, Not Evaluation Drives Supreme Court Confirmation Vote
- The Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index (BPI) Highly Predictive On the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
- EU Report: Still no problems with Cardin-Lugar
- What the Bipartisan Index says about the future of the GOP
- Senators call for stronger Cardin-Lugar rule from SEC
- The Biden Interim National Security Strategic Guidance: An Opening for Development Advocates
- Key Lessons for Effective Foreign Assistance from USAID’s COVID-19 Response
- A restart on New START
- How good is the BPI at predicting highly partisan behavior in an extreme situation?
- Will the SEC Play Santa for Big Oil?
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 1 post from 2022.
Self-Preservation, Not Evaluation Drives Supreme Court Confirmation Vote
The Senate will soon have a chance to vote on the nomination of Ketanji Brown Jackson to be a Supreme Court justice. There will be much debate about the nominee’s credentials and judicial philosophy. Senators will muse about whether she is sufficiently faithful to the Constitution and whether she will be overly activist. They will probe her past decisions and her judicial temperament. But the process is for show. Almost all Republicans knew how they would vote on Biden’s nominee, even before he announced it would be Jackson. The aim of Republican research will be constructing plausible justifications for opposing her, rather than seriously considering her merits.... Read More