Get updates by email
- Will the SEC Play Santa for Big Oil?
- A Muddled Election Could Confront Republicans with the Ultimate Test of Bipartisanship
- New Bipartisan Index: House Dems top GOP, Senate Republicans maintain lead.
- Why is the SEC protecting companies instead of investors?
- Oil Bailout? Not without transparency.
- Biden and Sanders — Comparing their Bipartisan Index Scores
- Good news! Cardin-Lugar compliance is really cheap!
- Air Force’s RAND: Extend New START
- GOP Witness: New START’s Guardians Against Russian Cheating are “Best in the World.”
- SEC Whiffs on Extractives Corruption, but Still Has a Chance to Score
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from May 2016.
One of The Lugar Center’s core policy areas is global food security. We seek to elevate the issue so that the American public understands its value for the United States, whether explained in terms of an humanitarian ethic, national security imperative, or commercial interest. In fact, food security affects all three.... Read More
Sen. Lugar was an honored guest Monday, May 9, 2016, at a Pentagon ceremony to mark the 25th anniversary of the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter praised Sen. Lugar and his colleague, former Georgia Sen. Sam Nunn, also in attendance, as “forward thinking statesmen.” He called their proposal to cooperate with America’s Cold War enemy, the Soviet Union, to reduce nuclear weapons stockpiles an idea that was “brand-new to history.”... Read More