Get updates by email
- Self-Preservation, Not Evaluation Drives Supreme Court Confirmation Vote
- The Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index (BPI) Highly Predictive On the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
- EU Report: Still no problems with Cardin-Lugar
- What the Bipartisan Index says about the future of the GOP
- Senators call for stronger Cardin-Lugar rule from SEC
- The Biden Interim National Security Strategic Guidance: An Opening for Development Advocates
- Key Lessons for Effective Foreign Assistance from USAID’s COVID-19 Response
- A restart on New START
- How good is the BPI at predicting highly partisan behavior in an extreme situation?
- Will the SEC Play Santa for Big Oil?
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from May 2016.
One of The Lugar Center’s core policy areas is global food security. We seek to elevate the issue so that the American public understands its value for the United States, whether explained in terms of an humanitarian ethic, national security imperative, or commercial interest. In fact, food security affects all three.... Read More
Sen. Lugar was an honored guest Monday, May 9, 2016, at a Pentagon ceremony to mark the 25th anniversary of the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter praised Sen. Lugar and his colleague, former Georgia Sen. Sam Nunn, also in attendance, as “forward thinking statesmen.” He called their proposal to cooperate with America’s Cold War enemy, the Soviet Union, to reduce nuclear weapons stockpiles an idea that was “brand-new to history.”... Read More