Get updates by email
- EU Report: Still no problems with Cardin-Lugar
- What the Bipartisan Index says about the future of the GOP
- Senators call for stronger Cardin-Lugar rule from SEC
- The Biden Interim National Security Strategic Guidance: An Opening for Development Advocates
- Key Lessons for Effective Foreign Assistance from USAID’s COVID-19 Response
- A restart on New START
- How good is the BPI at predicting highly partisan behavior in an extreme situation?
- Will the SEC Play Santa for Big Oil?
- A Muddled Election Could Confront Republicans with the Ultimate Test of Bipartisanship
- New Bipartisan Index: House Dems top GOP, Senate Republicans maintain lead.
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 3 posts from 2019.
In the uproar over impeachment, President Trump keeps insisting that his real intention was to combat corruption in Ukraine and other countries. But as National Public Radio pointed out in two recent reports, one of the very first bills that Trump signed as president quashed an anti-corruption measure aimed at resource-rich countries, countries like Ukraine. Thanks to President Trump, the United States is now the only major western country that does not have such an anti-corruption rule.... Read More
The latest results from the Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index show an unexpected finding: in the last Congress, the bipartisan scores of Republicans, especially in the Senate, showed a marked increase. In fact, more than 75 percent of Senate Republicans in the 115th Congress (2017-18) who had served in a previous Congress achieved their highest-ever Bipartisan Index scores. That means that during the past two years, these Senators acted in a more bipartisan fashion, as measured by the Index, than they had previously in their careers.... Read More
The massive corruption, especially in oil and other natural resources, in many developing countries has created, in effect, “kleptocratic states,” who threaten U.S. national security directly by breeding terrorism, and indirectly by prompting mass migrations of people and undermining democracy worldwide.... Read More