Get updates by email
- New Bipartisan Index: House Dems top GOP, Senate Republicans maintain lead.
- Why is the SEC protecting companies instead of investors?
- Oil Bailout? Not without transparency.
- Biden and Sanders — Comparing their Bipartisan Index Scores
- Good news! Cardin-Lugar compliance is really cheap!
- Air Force’s RAND: Extend New START
- GOP Witness: New START’s Guardians Against Russian Cheating are “Best in the World.”
- SEC Whiffs on Extractives Corruption, but Still Has a Chance to Score
- How President Trump Could Really Fight Corruption
- A Big Surge in GOP Senate Bipartisanship: A Trump Effect?
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from March 2014.
Nobel Laureate, Congressional Gold Medalist, and Presidential Medal of Freedom winner Norman Borlaug will be honored this week by having his statue placed in the Capitol’s Statuary Hall (watch the event live at 11:00 a.m. EDT on Tuesday 3/25 here). This place of honor is reserved for just two individuals from each state. This week also marks what would have been Dr. Borlaug’s 100th birthday.... Read More
When 140 Characters Just Won’t Do: Senator Lugar’s Speech to CARE’s National Conference and International Women’s Day Celebration
All of us at TLC were delighted that Senator Lugar was asked to speak to CARE’s annual conference that also just happened to fall on International Women’s Day. Global development and the humanitarian work that organizations like CARE do have always been central to his thinking on how to build a more stable and prosperous world. Integrating women into development strategies is a critical component to making aid more effective. As the Senator pointed out during his speech, most of the world’s farmers are women. Reaching them with new technology, credit, and extension services are a necessary component to sustainably feeding the world. Senator Lugar also directly addressed the critical need for transparent development leadership by the U.S.... Read More