Get updates by email
- Self-Preservation, Not Evaluation Drives Supreme Court Confirmation Vote
- The Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index (BPI) Highly Predictive On the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill
- EU Report: Still no problems with Cardin-Lugar
- What the Bipartisan Index says about the future of the GOP
- Senators call for stronger Cardin-Lugar rule from SEC
- The Biden Interim National Security Strategic Guidance: An Opening for Development Advocates
- Key Lessons for Effective Foreign Assistance from USAID’s COVID-19 Response
- A restart on New START
- How good is the BPI at predicting highly partisan behavior in an extreme situation?
- Will the SEC Play Santa for Big Oil?
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 3 posts from March 2020.
The government is reportedly considering a multi-billion dollar bailout for the oil fracking industry, which has experienced losses because of the COVID-19 economic crisis and the plunge in oil prices. The sector exposed itself to these risks through reckless expansion, financed by mountains of risky debt and exacerbated by its failure to set aside “rainy day” funds in a market where prices are notoriously volatile.... Read More
The two remaining major contenders for the Democratic presidential nomination both have an extensive record on the Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index. Joe Biden was scored as a Senator for eight full congresses (103rd — 110th). Bernie Sanders has been scored as a Senator for six full Congresses (110th — 115th).... Read More
Good news for the American oil companies! Complying with the global anti-corruption reporting standard will cost them only a few pennies, relatively speaking. That means the Securities and Exchange Commission can go ahead and issue a strong final regulation on revenue transparency, instead of the weak one they proposed in December, and the oil companies won’t have anything to worry about.... Read More