Get updates by email
- Will the SEC Play Santa for Big Oil?
- A Muddled Election Could Confront Republicans with the Ultimate Test of Bipartisanship
- New Bipartisan Index: House Dems top GOP, Senate Republicans maintain lead.
- Why is the SEC protecting companies instead of investors?
- Oil Bailout? Not without transparency.
- Biden and Sanders — Comparing their Bipartisan Index Scores
- Good news! Cardin-Lugar compliance is really cheap!
- Air Force’s RAND: Extend New START
- GOP Witness: New START’s Guardians Against Russian Cheating are “Best in the World.”
- SEC Whiffs on Extractives Corruption, but Still Has a Chance to Score
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from January 2020.
As policymakers debate extending the New START arms control treaty with Russia, one of the treaty’s key virtues has been largely overlooked--the crack team of Pentagon experts that carries out the treaty’s inspections and verification of Russian compliance. “The treaty and technical weapons experts at DTRA [the Defense Threat Reduction Agency] are the best in the world.”... Read More
On the same day the House Democrats impeached President Trump amid doubts about his true concern over corruption in Ukraine, the Securities and Exchange Commission had a chance to reassert American leadership in the broader fight against global bribery and fraud.
Unfortunately, the SEC whiffed.... Read More