Get updates by email
- New Bipartisan Index: House Dems top GOP, Senate Republicans maintain lead.
- Why is the SEC protecting companies instead of investors?
- Oil Bailout? Not without transparency.
- Biden and Sanders — Comparing their Bipartisan Index Scores
- Good news! Cardin-Lugar compliance is really cheap!
- Air Force’s RAND: Extend New START
- GOP Witness: New START’s Guardians Against Russian Cheating are “Best in the World.”
- SEC Whiffs on Extractives Corruption, but Still Has a Chance to Score
- How President Trump Could Really Fight Corruption
- A Big Surge in GOP Senate Bipartisanship: A Trump Effect?
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from March 2019.
The latest results from the Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index show an unexpected finding: in the last Congress, the bipartisan scores of Republicans, especially in the Senate, showed a marked increase. In fact, more than 75 percent of Senate Republicans in the 115th Congress (2017-18) who had served in a previous Congress achieved their highest-ever Bipartisan Index scores. That means that during the past two years, these Senators acted in a more bipartisan fashion, as measured by the Index, than they had previously in their careers.... Read More
The massive corruption, especially in oil and other natural resources, in many developing countries has created, in effect, “kleptocratic states,” who threaten U.S. national security directly by breeding terrorism, and indirectly by prompting mass migrations of people and undermining democracy worldwide.... Read More