We did not agree on everything, but we enjoyed a thought provoking discussion on many topics, including United States involvement in Syria, U.S.-Israel relations, and Iran. I am grateful to Leon Panetta and the Panetta Institute for bringing us together to discuss these important issues, and I hope you will take time to watch online at the Panetta Institute’s website at: http://www.panettainstitute.org/programs/lecture-series/webcast-video-archive/2013-gridlock-or-action/middle-east-turmoil-chaos-or-reform/.
Get updates by email
- New Bipartisan Index: House Dems top GOP, Senate Republicans maintain lead.
- Why is the SEC protecting companies instead of investors?
- Oil Bailout? Not without transparency.
- Biden and Sanders — Comparing their Bipartisan Index Scores
- Good news! Cardin-Lugar compliance is really cheap!
- Air Force’s RAND: Extend New START
- GOP Witness: New START’s Guardians Against Russian Cheating are “Best in the World.”
- SEC Whiffs on Extractives Corruption, but Still Has a Chance to Score
- How President Trump Could Really Fight Corruption
- A Big Surge in GOP Senate Bipartisanship: A Trump Effect?
Archived Blog Posts
Senator Lugar Participates in a Panel Discussion on the Middle East at the Panetta Institute
Last week I participated in a panel discussion hosted by the Panetta Institute for Public Policy in Monterey, California. The topic of the discussion was, “Middle East Turmoil: Chaos or Reform?”, and I was joined onstage by Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, Former Senator Joe Lieberman, and Former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak.