Events & Speeches Archive
Past Events Archive
- Aug 04, 2015University of Illinois Institute of Government and Public Affairs Edgar Fellows Address: "Bipartisanship in an Era of Polarization: What Does It Mean and How Do We Achieve It?"By Senator Richard G. Lugar (Ret.)University of Illinois, Aug 04, 2015
- Jul 22, 2015Jul 22, 2015
- Jul 16, 2015Jul 16, 2015
- Jul 15, 2015Jul 15, 2015
- May 28, 2015May 28, 2015
- May 27, 2015Key Issues for TTIP: Senator Lugar offers introductory remarks at the German Marshall Fund's Transatlantic Talk on transatlantic energy security with Special Envoy Amos HochsteinMay 27, 2015
- Apr 21, 2015Apr 21, 2015
- Mar 23, 2015Senator Lugar presents former British Secretary of Defense Lord Desmond Browne with the second Nunn-Lugar Award for Promoting Nuclear SecurityWashington, D.C., Mar 23, 2015
Former British Secretary of Defense Lord Desmond Browne and distinguished Russian diplomat Ambassador Igor S. Ivanov will share the second Nunn-Lugar Award for Promoting Nuclear Security. The international award was established in honor of former U.S. Senators Sam Nunn and Richard Lugar and recognizes individuals and institutions whose work is helping to prevent the proliferation of nuclear weapons and to reduce the risk of their use.
- Mar 16, 2015Mar 16, 2015
U.S. Rep. Jeff Fortenberry (R-Nebraska), a Georgetown alumnus who co-chairs the Congressional Nuclear Security Caucus, will be joined by three of the world’s leading voices on nuclear security for a panel discussion at the university March 16. Joining Fortenberry on the panel are former Senator Sam Nunn (D-Georgia), co-chairman and CEO, Nuclear Threat Initiative; former Senator Richard Lugar (R-Indiana), president, the Lugar Center; and Des Browne, former United Kingdom Defense Minister and vice chairman, Nuclear Threat Initiative.
- Mar 06, 2015Washington, D.C., Mar 06, 2015
- Feb 23, 2015Feb 23, 2015
- Feb 10, 2015Feb 10, 2015
- Feb 06, 2015Senator Lugar joins President Obama, Mayor Greg Ballard at Ivy Tech Community College in IndianapolisIvy Tech Community College, Feb 06, 20152:15 PM
- Feb 03, 2015Former Senators Lugar and Sam Nunn, former Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Gary Roughead discuss nuclear security issues with Congressional lawmakersFeb 03, 2015
- Jan 21, 2015Jan 21, 2015
- Dec 18, 2014Washington, D.C., Dec 18, 2014
- Dec 07, 2014Marian University, Dec 07, 20147:00PM
- Dec 06, 2014University of Indianapolis, Dec 06, 2014
- Dec 06, 2014University of Indianapolis, Dec 06, 2014
“You are the most important people I will have the opportunity to talk to” this year, he told the crowd in Ransburg Auditorium. “You have so much ahead of you that is possible.”
- Nov 14, 2014Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Nov 14, 2014
INDIANAPOLIS -- Former U.S. Sen. Richard Lugar will headline the 2014 Bulen Symposium on American Politics at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
- Nov 11, 2014West Layfayette, IN, Nov 11, 2014
- Nov 11, 2014Fowler Hall, West Lafayette, Nov 11, 20144:00 PM
- Nov 11, 2014Address to Purdue University: “Feeding the World – Overcoming Political Obstacles to Reach our Agricultural Potential”By Senator Richard G. Lugar (Ret.)Purdue University, Nov 11, 2014
Senator Lugar delivered a speech on global food security at Purdue University on November, 11, 2014.
- Nov 04, 2014Franklin Hall, Bloomington, Nov 04, 2014
- Nov 02, 2014Copenhagen, Nov 02, 2014
- Oct 17, 2014Oct 17, 2014
- Sep 29, 2014Sep 29, 2014
- Sep 10, 2014The Lugar Center and Columbia University host EU Commissioner for Trade Karel De Gucht for roundtable discussionColumbia University, Sep 10, 2014
- Sep 09, 2014Sep 09, 2014
- Jul 21, 2014The Lugar Center, Jul 21, 2014
- Jul 18, 2014Richard G. Lugar Institute for Diplomacy and Congress, Jul 18, 201412:30-2:00 PM
Learn more about the upcoming energy security roundtable. . .
- Jul 17, 2014Jul 17, 2014
- Jun 16, 2014Feed the Future, Jun 16, 2014
"There is no prospect for world peace while people are starving." -Former Senator Richard Lugar
- Jun 03, 2014Jun 03, 2014
- May 19, 2014May 19, 2014
It is a great pleasure to join you this morning and to see so many good friends. I have long admired the work of USAID, and as a Senator I sought to support the agency’s mission in every way that I could. Upon leaving the Senate, I wanted to continue my efforts to advance global development. During the last year, I have had the opportunity to build The Lugar Center, which is devoted, in part, to advancing global food security and constructive foreign assistance reform. . .
- Apr 22, 2014Wilkes Barre Times-Leader, Apr 22, 2014
In a wide-ranging interview Friday afternoon, former U.S. Senator Richard Lugar explained the interrelatedness of those issues and their relevance to America’s foreign policy as a preview of what the veteran Indiana lawmaker plans to say when he speaks at Wilkes University next week.
- Apr 15, 2014Indiana University, Apr 15, 2014
Former U.S. Sen. Richard G. Lugar, a professor of practice in the Indiana University School of Global and International Studies, will speak Wednesday, April 23, at IU Bloomington about the U.S. and European response to the ongoing crisis in Ukraine
- Apr 04, 2014Apr 04, 2014
- Feb 25, 2014University of Indianapolis, Feb 25, 2014
The Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program, which became law in 1992, is credited with deactivating more than 7,600 nuclear warheads that were once aimed at the United States. Now the two U.S. Senators who authored this landmark legislation, Richard Lugar and Sam Nunn, will appear together in a public conversation at UIndy Feb. 25 to talk about their work
- Feb 18, 2014Feb 18, 2014
- Feb 07, 2014Senator Lugar discusses foreign policy in Congress during a disucssion at the Bipartisan Policy CenterBipartisan Policy Center, Feb 07, 2014
Former Senator Lugar and former Congressman Norm Dicks discuss foreign policy leadership in Congress
- Jan 23, 2014Jan 23, 2014
- Dec 09, 2013Dec 09, 2013
- Nov 19, 2013Nov 19, 2013
- Aug 07, 2013The Lugar Center, Aug 07, 2013
- Jul 03, 2013U.S. Global Leadership Coalition, Jul 03, 2013
Senator Lugar participated in a panel discussion at the 2013 USGLC Annual Conference: State Leaders Forum
- Jun 20, 2013The German Marshall Fund of the United States, Jun 20, 2013
WASHINGTON (June 20) – The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) is pleased to announce the official launch of the Richard G. Lugar Institute for Diplomacy and Congress. The Lugar Diplomacy Institute will work to change the way the United States Congress relates to the international community by improving communication and understanding between the Washington diplomatic corps and Congress.
- May 29, 2013May 29, 2013
Today there is no doubt that Azerbaijan is a strategic ally, a commercial partner, and a friend of the United States. Citizens of both of our countries reap security and economic benefits from our bilateral relations, but those benefits will grow if we pursue opportunities to more deeply engage.
- May 28, 2013CSIS, May 28, 2013
CSIS Korea Chair is proud to present the third in a series of Korea Platforms featuring remarks from the distinguished speakers at the annual JoongAng Ilbo-CSIS Forum which took place in Seoul on May 21. The 2013 Forum was entitled "Kim Jong-un's Gamble and the Crisis on the Korean Peninsula."
- May 10, 2013The German Embassy, May 10, 2013
Ambassador Peter Ammon presented one of Germany’s highest honors to former Indiana Senator Richard Lugar in a ceremony at the Ambassador’s Residence on May 8. Senator Lugar received the Grand Cross of the Order of Merit in honor of his work in fostering transatlantic partnership and helping make the world safer by furthering disarmament. .