Lori Groves Rowley
Lori has nearly 20 years of senior leadership and committee experience on Capitol Hill. Most recently she served as the Senior Professional Staff Member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee responsible for U.S. foreign assistance policy, including global food security and global climate change. She served as Chief of Staff and Assistant to the Chairman during Rep. Ralph Regula’s (R-OH) tenure as Chairman of two House Appropriations Subcommittees, the House Interior and Related Agencies Subcommittee and the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education and Related Agencies Subcommittee. Rowley has also spent time in the private sector, having represented an integrated natural gas company before federal agencies and Congress with a focus on barriers to and technology research for new market development. She directs The Lugar Center’s Global Food Security and Foreign Assistance programs.
Events & Speeches
- The Lugar Center and MFAN Host Public Event on Evaluation and Learning to Improve U.S. Foreign Assistance ProgramsWashington, D.C., March 20, 2018
- Key Lessons for Effective Foreign Assistance from USAID’s COVID-19 Response
- Kudos to OMB for Strong Evaluation Guidelines, What’s Next for Implementation?
- Are We Really Learning from Evaluations?
- Putting Senator Lugar’s Global Food Security Vision to Work in Liberia
- Revenue transparency complements aid transparency
- Not Chipotle Too!
- On Transparency, It Really Is All About That Political Will at the Top
- What’s Next for Niger?
- 2014: Moving Forward on Millennium Development Goals
- Biotechnology at the 2013 World Food Prize