Jay Branegan is a Senior Fellow at The Lugar Center, where he works on arms control issues and the Center’s Bipartisan Governance Project. He served for 10 years as a Professional Staff Member on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. There he was a writer/editor and worked on a variety of issues including international corruption, Asia, foreign aid reform, and energy. Prior to that, he had a long career as a journalist, primarily for TIME Magazine, working as a foreign correspondent in Hong Kong and Brussels and covering the White House and the State Department. Jay also worked as a newspaper reporter for The Chicago Tribune, where he shared a Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting. He has a BA from Cornell University and a master’s degree from Northwestern University.
- E&E News
- USA Today
- What do new Bipartisan Index rankings say about the Ohio delegation? Senior Fellow at The Lugar Center discusses.IdeaStream, WCPN
- How President Trump Could Really Fight Corruption
- A Big Surge in GOP Senate Bipartisanship: A Trump Effect?
- Global Corruption is a Threat to U.S. National Security
- British Government: No burden, no competitive harm from extractives reporting
- Nunn-Lugar: A bipartisan model for the North Korea negotiations
- Bipartisan Stalwarts Lead the Way on House DACA Discharge Petition
- Senate Bipartisanship - GOP way up, Democrats down
- New report shows transparency can expose corruption
- Bar Tillerson from Role in Cardin-Lugar Anti-Graft Measure, NGOs Say
- Groups want Exxon, Chevron kicked off anti-corruption panel
- EITI Pull-Out: Another Blow to U.S. Leadership on Fighting Corruption
- U.S. oil companies and the Trump administration are lagging in the effort to combat global corruption
- “If you’re not reporting on oil money, you’re undermining our national security” - Why it’s important to fight global corruption through extractives transparency
- A cynical vote in favor of corruption
- Will Tillerson and Trump reverse U.S. leadership on global anti-corruption?
- Bipartisan lawmakers are more effective, new study says
- U.S. issues new USEITI report on oil, gas and mineral revenues
- Lugar Diplomacy Series hosts Justice Elena Kagan
- Lugar Diplomacy Series Kicks Off with Gen. David Petraeus
- Are women in Congress more bipartisan? Let’s look at the data.
- Lugar Attends Pentagon Ceremony to Mark 25th Nunn-Lugar Anniversary
- Hyper-partisan GOP presidential debates skew immigration debate
- Revenue transparency complements aid transparency
- Use the Iran deal to raise the bar for everyone
- Bipartisan Index: Some House Leadership Candidates More Partisan than Others