Media Coverage Archive
- Jul 08, 2015Jul 08, 2015
- Jun 25, 2015The Indianapolis Star, Jun 25, 2015
- Jun 16, 2015The German Marshall Fund of the United States, Jun 16, 2015
- Jun 06, 2015The Northwest Indiana Times, Jun 06, 2015
- Jun 04, 2015The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jun 04, 2015
- Jun 01, 2015On Point with Tom Ashbrook, Jun 01, 2015
Senator Lugar joins the On Point program to discuss the Bipartisan Index.
- May 31, 2015The Journal Gazette, May 31, 2015
- May 29, 2015WBOC 16, May 29, 2015
- May 27, 2015The Detroit News, May 27, 2015
An analysis this month by the nonpartisan Lugar Center and Georgetown University's McCourt School of Public Policy found that the past two Congresses have been the most partisan of the last two decades.
- May 22, 2015Sirius XM's POTUS Politics, May 22, 2015
- May 21, 2015The Chicago Sun-Times, May 21, 2015
- May 20, 2015Bloomberg Politics, May 20, 2015
- May 20, 2015The German Marshall Fund of the United States, May 20, 2015
- May 19, 2015USA Today, May 19, 2015
- May 19, 2015The New York Times, May 19, 2015
- May 19, 2015Real Clear Politics, May 19, 2015
- May 19, 2015The Indianapolis Star, May 19, 2015
- May 19, 2015Newsmax, May 19, 2015
- May 19, 2015Howey Politics Indiana, May 19, 2015
- May 18, 2015Roll Call, May 18, 2015
- May 08, 2015The Christian Science Monitor, May 08, 2015
- Apr 28, 2015The Denisonian, Apr 28, 2015
Gates had nothing but kind words for former U.S. Senator Richard Lugar ‘54. Denison alumni, Richard Lugar has been on Denison’s Board of Trustees since 1966 and helped establish the Richard G. Lugar Program in Politics and Public Service in 1994. Dr. Gates spoke of Lugar’s time in office as “bridge-building” in relation to partisanship, and focused on the importance of getting things right.
- Apr 22, 2015The Christian Science Monitor, Apr 22, 2015
- Apr 22, 2015U.S. News & World Report, Apr 22, 2015
Moscow is doing its best to undermine European solidarity against Russian aggression.
- Apr 17, 2015Apr 17, 2015
- Apr 07, 2015The Lugar Center website wins an Outstanding Achievement Award in the Nonprofit category from Interactive Media AwardsApr 07, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015The Indianapolis Star, Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 31, 2015The New York Times, Mar 31, 2015
- Mar 24, 2015The Hill, Mar 24, 2015
When considering U.S. foreign assistance programs, one often hears calls for sustainability. In other words, programs should promote the partner developing country’s ability to graduate from aid and take charge of its own economic growth. Achieving sustainability requires investments in human and institutional capacity. For food security and global agriculture, this means building the capacities of countries to solve their own problems.
- Mar 23, 2015The Indianapolis Star, Mar 23, 2015
WASHINGTON – Former Sen. Richard Lugar remembered Monday how hard it was to persuade some of his colleagues 24 years ago to approve a program to secure or destroy weapons of mass destruction in the former Soviet Union.
- Mar 22, 2015Bloomington Herald-Times, Mar 22, 2015
- Mar 06, 2015The Christian Science Monitor, Mar 06, 2015
- Feb 23, 2015Corporation for Public Broadcasting Presents Senator Richard Lugar with its 2015 Thought Leader AwardCorporation for Public Broadcasting, Feb 23, 2015
Washington, DC (Monday, February 23, 2015) -- The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) today announced it presented the Honorable Richard G. Lugar with the “Strengthening Civil Society” Thought Leader Award at the 2015 Association of Public Television Stations (APTS) Public Media Summit in Washington, D.C.
- Feb 04, 2015Corporate Knights, Feb 04, 2015
- Jan 23, 2015The Washington Post, Jan 23, 2015
The United States and Russia must recognize the imperative to provide global leadership. The consequences of inaction are simply too great.
- Jan 22, 2015The Lugar Center named a "Best New Think Tank" by the University of Pennsylvania's Think Tanks & Civil Societies ProgramJan 22, 2015
- Jan 20, 2015Devex, Jan 20, 2015
When Rajiv Shah steps down as administrator of the U.S. Agency for International Development early next month, someone will take over leadership of the U.S. government’s $20 billion foreign assistance portfolio. But who?
- Jan 19, 2015The Boston Globe, Jan 19, 2015
Another key architect of the programs, former Republican senator Richard Lugar of Indiana, who last visited some of the facilities in 2012, said he wonders if the Russians have the expertise needed to keep track of the vast amount of nuclear bomb material.
- Dec 29, 2014The Hill, Dec 29, 2014
The interests of the United States are threatened by a broad range of conditions that will become worse in the absence of progress on basic indices of human development. This is no time to coast. From the recent Ebola outbreaks, to the instability caused by chronic hunger, to terrorist recruitment fueled by crushing poverty, the United States has a deep interest in being a leader on development issues. The President should find an Administrator who will command immediate respect in Congress and overseas and who is dedicated to two years of strengthening the momentum created by Dr. Shah.
- Dec 06, 2014Dec 06, 2014
“You are the most important people I will have the opportunity to talk to” this year, he told the crowd in Ransburg Auditorium. “You have so much ahead of you that is possible.”
- Dec 06, 2014Indianapolis Star, Dec 06, 2014
"You are the most important people I'm ever going have the opportunity to talk to," Lugar told the 450 high school juniors who gathered for the 38th annual Lugar Symposium for Tomorrow's Leaders. "You have so much ahead of you."
- Dec 06, 2014WTHR Channel 13, Dec 06, 2014
INDIANAPOLIS - A longtime Indiana senator is passing on his decades of experience to aspiring politicians across the state.
- Dec 06, 2014IndyPolitics, Dec 06, 2014
Indy Politics spends a few minutes talking with former U.S. Senator Richard Lugar about the state affairs in the world as well as in Washington, D.C.
- Dec 04, 2014Politico, Dec 04, 2014
Carter has called Lugar "one of the very wisest leaders of a generation on national security matters.”
- Nov 28, 2014AgriNews, Nov 28, 2014
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — According to former Sen. Richard Lugar, technology will be critical for growing, storing, distributing and marketing a safe supply of food for the world.
- Nov 19, 2014The Hill, Nov 19, 2014
We should neither lose confidence in our ability to influence events, nor downsize our global activities. An unstable world should cause us to redouble positive efforts to support humanitarian interests and American values abroad.
- Nov 18, 2014News 18 WLFI, Nov 18, 2014
- Nov 18, 2014Kazakh TV , Nov 18, 2014
Senator Lugar attended the Project Sapphire 20th anniversary program at the Center for Strategic and International Studies in Washington, D.C. Project Sapphire was a joint operation between the United States and Kazakhstan to reduce the threat of nuclear proliferation through the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program.
- Nov 17, 2014The Indianapolis Star, Nov 17, 2014
The United States needs to institutionalize a global agriculture and food security strategy across a broad swath of public and private interests.
- Nov 04, 2014BBC World Service, Nov 04, 2014