Events & Speeches Archive
Past Events Archive
- May 09, 2013Eurasia Foundation, May 09, 2013
Eurasia Foundation honored Richard Lugar and Sam Nunn with the 2013 Sarah Carey Award on May 9 for their visionary efforts to reduce the risk of nuclear catastrophe around the world.
- May 08, 2013The Lugar Center, May 08, 2013
Federal Republic of Germany President Joachim Gauck bestowed on retired U.S. Sen. Richard G. Lugar the Grand Cross of the Order of Merit. The presentation was made by German Ambassador to the U.S. Dr. Peter Ammon in Washington, DC on Wednesday evening, May 8.
- Apr 09, 2013Georgetown University, Apr 09, 2013
Senator Richard Lugar, who is serving as a visiting distinguished professor at the Georgetown Public Policy Institute (GPPI), delivered the 2013 Whittington Lecture, which honors the memory of Leslie Whittington, a GPPI professor and associate dean, who along with her husband and two young daughters died in the terrorist attacks of 9/11
- Apr 09, 2013Georgetown Public Policy Institute Whittington Lecture: "Securing Our Country in an Era of Partisanship"By Senator Richard G. Lugar (Ret.)Georgetown University, Apr 09, 2013
- Apr 03, 2013University of Indianapolis, Apr 03, 2013
Lugar Academy announcement at the University of Indianapolis
- Feb 12, 2013Address at the Duke University Sanford School of Public Policy: "Embracing Governance over Partisanship"By Senator Richard G. Lugar (Ret.)Duke University, Feb 12, 2013
- Jan 28, 2013Center for Global Development, Jan 28, 2013
CGD and Foreign Policy Magazine honored Senator Richard Lugar, winner of the 2012 Commitment to Development Award. Bestowed annually since 2003, the Award honors an individual or organization that has made .
- Dec 12, 2012United States Senate, Dec 12, 2012
- Dec 03, 2012President Obama applauds Senators Lugar and Nunn, celebrates the 20th anniversary of the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction ProgramNational Defense Univesity, Dec 03, 2012
President Obama visited Army post Fort McNair to mark the 20th anniversary of the Cooperative Threat Reduction U.S.-Russia program to secure nuclear weapons in former Soviet states. The agreement was initiated by Senator Dick Lugar (R-IN) and former Senate Sam Nunn (D-GA). President Obama praised the work of both senators, and told humorous stories of his first foreign trip as a senator from Illinois with Senator Lugar.
- Nov 11, 2008By Senator Richard G. Lugar (Ret.)University of Illinois, Nov 11, 2008