Get updates by email
- Air Force’s RAND: Extend New START
- GOP Witness: New START’s Guardians Against Russian Cheating are “Best in the World.”
- SEC Whiffs on Extractives Corruption, but Still Has a Chance to Score
- How President Trump Could Really Fight Corruption
- A Big Surge in GOP Senate Bipartisanship: A Trump Effect?
- Global Corruption is a Threat to U.S. National Security
- Celebrating a Renewed Commitment to U.S. Leadership in Global Food Security
- British Government: No burden, no competitive harm from extractives reporting
- Nunn-Lugar: A bipartisan model for the North Korea negotiations
- Bipartisan Stalwarts Lead the Way on House DACA Discharge Petition
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 3 posts from 2020.
An important Pentagon-backed think-tank has come out with a strong recommendation to extend the New START nuclear weapons treaty with Russia. In a 29-page report entitled, “The Military Case for Extending the New START Agreement,” retired Air Force General Frank Klotz, writes:... Read More
As policymakers debate extending the New START arms control treaty with Russia, one of the treaty’s key virtues has been largely overlooked--the crack team of Pentagon experts that carries out the treaty’s inspections and verification of Russian compliance. “The treaty and technical weapons experts at DTRA [the Defense Threat Reduction Agency] are the best in the world.”... Read More
On the same day the House Democrats impeached President Trump amid doubts about his true concern over corruption in Ukraine, the Securities and Exchange Commission had a chance to reassert American leadership in the broader fight against global bribery and fraud.
Unfortunately, the SEC whiffed.... Read More