Get updates by email
- A Big Surge in GOP Senate Bipartisanship: A Trump Effect?
- Global Corruption is a Threat to U.S. National Security
- Celebrating a Renewed Commitment to U.S. Leadership in Global Food Security
- British Government: No burden, no competitive harm from extractives reporting
- Nunn-Lugar: A bipartisan model for the North Korea negotiations
- Bipartisan Stalwarts Lead the Way on House DACA Discharge Petition
- Senate Bipartisanship - GOP way up, Democrats down
- For Farmers, Science is a Respected Enterprise
- New report shows transparency can expose corruption
- In International Development: Imitation is, Indeed, the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from March 2019.
The latest results from the Lugar Center’s Bipartisan Index show an unexpected finding: in the last Congress, the bipartisan scores of Republicans, especially in the Senate, showed a marked increase. In fact, more than 75 percent of Senate Republicans in the 115th Congress (2017-18) who had served in a previous Congress achieved their highest-ever Bipartisan Index scores. That means that during the past two years, these Senators acted in a more bipartisan fashion, as measured by the Index, than they had previously in their careers.... Read More
The massive corruption, especially in oil and other natural resources, in many developing countries has created, in effect, “kleptocratic states,” who threaten U.S. national security directly by breeding terrorism, and indirectly by prompting mass migrations of people and undermining democracy worldwide.... Read More