Get updates by email
- U.S. oil companies and the Trump administration are lagging in the effort to combat global corruption
- Voluntary Family Planning: A Key Component of Effective U.S. Foreign Assistance and National Security Policy
- “If you’re not reporting on oil money, you’re undermining our national security” - Why it’s important to fight global corruption through extractives transparency
- Six Principles for Prioritizing Foreign Assistance
- Recommendations from One World Food Program Director to the Next
- Connecting the Dots: The Trump Administration and U.S. Foreign Policy
- A cynical vote in favor of corruption
- A Nation in Balance – Eisenhower’s Farewell Address
- Will Tillerson and Trump reverse U.S. leadership on global anti-corruption?
- Bipartisan lawmakers are more effective, new study says
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from May 2016.
One of The Lugar Center’s core policy areas is global food security. We seek to elevate the issue so that the American public understands its value for the United States, whether explained in terms of an humanitarian ethic, national security imperative, or commercial interest. In fact, food security affects all three.... Read More
Sen. Lugar was an honored guest Monday, May 9, 2016, at a Pentagon ceremony to mark the 25th anniversary of the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter praised Sen. Lugar and his colleague, former Georgia Sen. Sam Nunn, also in attendance, as “forward thinking statesmen.” He called their proposal to cooperate with America’s Cold War enemy, the Soviet Union, to reduce nuclear weapons stockpiles an idea that was “brand-new to history.”... Read More