Get updates by email
- Bipartisan Stalwarts Lead the Way on House DACA Discharge Petition
- Senate Bipartisanship - GOP way up, Democrats down
- For Farmers, Science is a Respected Enterprise
- New report shows transparency can expose corruption
- In International Development: Imitation is, Indeed, the Sincerest Form of Flattery
- Kudos to OMB for Strong Evaluation Guidelines, What’s Next for Implementation?
- The Time Really is Now to Modernize U.S. Food Aid Policy
- Bar Tillerson from Role in Cardin-Lugar Anti-Graft Measure, NGOs Say
- Don’t Stop the Food Renaissance
- Groups want Exxon, Chevron kicked off anti-corruption panel
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from May 2016.
One of The Lugar Center’s core policy areas is global food security. We seek to elevate the issue so that the American public understands its value for the United States, whether explained in terms of an humanitarian ethic, national security imperative, or commercial interest. In fact, food security affects all three.... Read More
Sen. Lugar was an honored guest Monday, May 9, 2016, at a Pentagon ceremony to mark the 25th anniversary of the Nunn-Lugar Cooperative Threat Reduction Program. Secretary of Defense Ash Carter praised Sen. Lugar and his colleague, former Georgia Sen. Sam Nunn, also in attendance, as “forward thinking statesmen.” He called their proposal to cooperate with America’s Cold War enemy, the Soviet Union, to reduce nuclear weapons stockpiles an idea that was “brand-new to history.”... Read More