Get updates by email
- U.S. oil companies and the Trump administration are lagging in the effort to combat global corruption
- Voluntary Family Planning: A Key Component of Effective U.S. Foreign Assistance and National Security Policy
- “If you’re not reporting on oil money, you’re undermining our national security” - Why it’s important to fight global corruption through extractives transparency
- Six Principles for Prioritizing Foreign Assistance
- Recommendations from One World Food Program Director to the Next
- Connecting the Dots: The Trump Administration and U.S. Foreign Policy
- A cynical vote in favor of corruption
- A Nation in Balance – Eisenhower’s Farewell Address
- Will Tillerson and Trump reverse U.S. leadership on global anti-corruption?
- Bipartisan lawmakers are more effective, new study says
Archived Blog Posts
Showing 2 posts from March 2014.
Nobel Laureate, Congressional Gold Medalist, and Presidential Medal of Freedom winner Norman Borlaug will be honored this week by having his statue placed in the Capitol’s Statuary Hall (watch the event live at 11:00 a.m. EDT on Tuesday 3/25 here). This place of honor is reserved for just two individuals from each state. This week also marks what would have been Dr. Borlaug’s 100th birthday.... Read More
When 140 Characters Just Won’t Do: Senator Lugar’s Speech to CARE’s National Conference and International Women’s Day Celebration
All of us at TLC were delighted that Senator Lugar was asked to speak to CARE’s annual conference that also just happened to fall on International Women’s Day. Global development and the humanitarian work that organizations like CARE do have always been central to his thinking on how to build a more stable and prosperous world. Integrating women into development strategies is a critical component to making aid more effective. As the Senator pointed out during his speech, most of the world’s farmers are women. Reaching them with new technology, credit, and extension services are a necessary component to sustainably feeding the world. Senator Lugar also directly addressed the critical need for transparent development leadership by the U.S.... Read More